Xem thêm: Lộ trình học IELTS từ 0 đến 6.5 cho người mới bắt đầu
Từ vựng IELTS chủ đề Study
Từ vựng chủ đề study IELTS speaking:
Instruction: Read the following words carefully and make your own sentences using three different tenses (present, past, future) for each item:
- Compulsory / kəmˈpʌlsəri / (adjective) – You must do it because of a rule or law (bắt buộc)
Synonyms – forced, necessary, required
Collocations – quite, completely
Example – A new law was introduced that made wearing seat belts compulsory.
- Curriculum / kəˈrɪkjʊləm / (noun) – All the courses that were given in a school or college (chương trình học)
Synonyms – program, course, syllabus
Collocations – national, educational, subject-based
Example – Math is a core subject in the school curriculum.
- Inquisitive / ɪnˈkwɪzətɪv / (adjective) – Wanting to discover a lot about people or things (tò mò)
Synonyms – curious, snoopy, concerned
Collocations – highly, naturally, very
Example – The students are pretty inquisitive.
- Discipline / ˈdɪsɪplɪn / (noun) – Ability to control yourself or other people, even in difficult situations (kỷ luật)
Synonyms – constraint, self-control, restraint
Collocations – impose, maintain, lack
Example – Learning a foreign language requires discipline.
- Peer / pɪə / (noun) – A person has the same age or the same social position as other people in a group (bạn đồng trang lứa)
Synonyms – fellow, friend, mate
Collocations – group, pressure
Example – Teenagers are often worried about looking stupid in front of their peers.
- Remedial / rɪˈmiːdɪəl / (adjective) – Intend to correct or improve something (khắc phục)
Synonyms – amendatory, corrective, rectifying
Collocations – class, action, course
Example – Students can enroll in remedial English classes.
- Graduate / ˈɡrædʒʊeɪt / (verb) – To complete school, college, or university successfully (tốt nghiệp)
Synonyms – step up, move up, go forward
Collocations – from
Example – Their boss graduated from the University of London.
- Qualification / ˌkwɒlɪfɪˈkeɪʃən / (noun) – An official record showing that you have finished a training course or have the necessary skills (bằng cấp/ trình độ chuyên môn)
Synonyms – capability, credentials, ability
Collocations – academic, professional, vocational
Example – Young people will never get a good job if they don’t have any qualifications.
- Research / rɪˈsɜːtʃ / (noun) – A detailed study of a subject, especially in order to discover new information (nghiên cứu)
Synonyms – examination, exploration, study
Collocations – scientific, medical, carry out
Example – They are conducting some fascinating research on dolphins.
- Visual learner / ˈvɪʒuəl ˈlɜːnə / (noun) – A person learns by reading or seeing pictures, understand and remember things by sight (người học qua thị giác)
Synonyms – spatial learners
Collocations – quick, advanced, young
Example – Visual learners learn best when information is presented in pictures or diagrams.
- Theory / ˈθɪəri / (noun) – A formal statement of ideas used to explain a fact or event (lý thuyết)
Synonyms – thesis, hypothesis, idea
Collocations – general, conflicting, abstract, conspiracy
Example – The scientists have a theory that the hole was caused by a meteorite.
- Degree / dɪˈɡriː / (noun) – The level of achievement recognized for a student completing a course at a college or university (bằng cấp)
Synonyms – qualification, credit
Collocations – honours, university, master’s
Example – She earned a bachelor’s degree in history from Yale.
- Post-graduate / pəʊst ˈɡrædʒʊeɪt / (adjective) – Engaged in formal studies after graduation (đào tạo sau đại học)
Antonym – undergraduate
Collocations – course, degree, diploma
Example – After college, she spent her first post-graduate year studying abroad.
- Evaluate / ɪˈvæljʊeɪt / (noun) – To judge or calculate the importance, or value of sth (đánh giá)
Synonyms – assess, estimate, rate
Collocations – fully, properly, thoroughly
Example – This activity encourages students to evaluate different points of view.
- Analyse / ˈænəlaɪz / (verb) – Study or examine sth in detail to discover more about it (phân tích)
Synonyms – evaluate, examine, inspect
Collocations – carefully, scientifically, systematically
Example – Researchers analysed the spending habits of 6300 households.
- Procrastinate / prəʊˈkræstɪneɪt / (verb) – To delay doing something (trì hoãn)
Synonyms – delay, drag, loaf
Collocations – keep, stop
Example – When it comes to housework, people tend to procrastinate.
Tìm hiểu thêm:
- Từ vựng chủ đề Education – IELTS Speaking
- Từ vựng IELTS theo chủ đề Entertainment – IELTS Speaking
- Từ vựng IELTS Speaking chủ đề Family
- Từ vựng IELTS Speaking chủ đề Festival
- Distant learning / ˈdɪstənt ˈlɜːnɪŋ / (noun) – A way of studying in which you do not attend a school, but study from where you live (giáo dục từ xa)
Synonyms – distance education, online course, e-learning
Collocations – course, program, package
Example – The Open University offers a wide range of distant learning programmes.
- Remote learning / rɪˈməʊt ˈlɜːnɪŋ / (noun) – A system of education in which students study at home and interact through the Internet (giáo dục từ xa)
Synonyms – online learning, further study, e-learning
Collocations – take, participate in, join
Example – The Covid-19 pandemic has made lots of students get used to remote learning.
- Higher education / ˌhaɪər ˌedʒʊˈkeɪʃən / (noun) – Education beyond high school, especially at a college or university (giáo dục bậc cao)
Synonyms – higher learning, schooling
Collocations – continue, extend, finish, complete
Example – Students and their parents worry about the rising cost of higher education.
- Literacy / ˈlɪtərəsi / (noun) – The ability to read and write (khả năng đọc viết)
Synonyms – education, knowledge, learning
Collocations – acquire, develop, promote
Example – The country has a literacy rate of almost 98%.
Trên đây là những từ vựng IELTS Speaking part 1 topic study. TDP sẽ là một trung tâm uy tín và đáng để đồng hành nếu bạn đang có nhu cầu học IELTS đấy.